Sin embargo estos anuncios no están controlando todas las noticias sobre el refresco de los espots bonitos.
Un boton de muestra de ayer por Derek Markham, de su blog en Green Options:
¡Keep your kids off HFCS, say no to Coke, and read your labels carefully!
- FDA refuses to regulate the use of the “natural” claim on food packaging (Cornucopia Institute)
- "Dietary glucose and fructose may be processed differently; however, the source of these simple sugars, whether from sucrose or HFCS, does not matter to the body. Obesity is caused by an imbalance in energy intake and energy output. Thus, too many calories and not enough exercise are the primary factors contributing to obesity. No one sweetener or single food can be blamed for causing obesity.” (Source- American Beverage Institute)
- The Corn Refiners Association, is a great source of high fructose corn syrup propaganda, like “HFCS is natural“, and “HFCS is metabolized by the body in the same way as honey, sugar, and fruit.“
- The Weston A. Price Foundation has a few articles on HFCS: The Murky World of High-Fructose Corn Syrup, and The Double Danger of High Fructose Corn Syrup.
- The FDA says HFCS is natural